Contractor Dumpster Rentals in Kansas City are Convenient and Ease Your Workload
Many contractors and construction companies in Johnson County, Kansas, and southern Jackson County, Missouri, saw an increase in home renovation jobs and leads during this year’s global pandemic. And these areas of the Kansas City Metro are not alone – it appears to be a nationwide trend spurred by homeowners seeking to turn their spaces into an oasis or to simply improve how their home functions.
And Small Haul Containers continues to rent dumpsters to homeowners and contractors in need of disposing of their home renovation debris in Gardner, Leawood, Prairie Village, Overland Park, Belton, South Kansas City, Grandview, and surrounding areas.
Statistics on Pandemic Home Renovations
Houzz, an online home remodeling platform that helps match homeowners with local contractors or remodeling companies, reported a 58 percent annual increase in project leads for home pros in June 2020.
Some of the most popular renovation projects included adding swimming pools and upgrading decks and landscaping. Kitchen and bath remodels saw a 40 percent increase in demand compared to 2019. Additions increased 52 percent. Perhaps the most dramatic was the demand for fence installation and repairs, up a whopping 166 percent.
Having to shelter at home except for essentials was the main influence for the increased demand in home upgrades. In a survey by Porch.com, another remodeling platform, three-quarters of U.S. homeowners reported they had completed some type of home improvement work – whether indoors or out – during the pandemic.
More than three-quarters of homeowners shared they intend to complete a new home improvement project within the next 12 months, thanks to having extra time to do so, with the intent to make their home feel more cozy and comfortable. However, Harvard’s Joint Center for Housing predicts a 0.4 percent decline in renovation and repair spending by mid-2021.
Financing Renovations During a Pandemic
Despite the pandemic and the rising unemployment rate that came with it, Kansas City area housing prices have increased by 4.8 percent in the second quarter of 2020, compared to the same time last year. The average home price of those sold in August 2019 was $253,090, whereas in 2020, that price has gone up to $284,480.
This rapid appreciation in home value created more home equity, which homeowners are likely using to their advantage to fund their renovations, if they can get them. Many mortgage lenders announced they would be limiting their cash-out refinances or restricting them for borrowers with certain monthly expenses to gross monthly income ratios. Some major banks paused applications for home equity lines of credit altogether.
Because of the competitive real estate market and demand for “move-in ready” homes, some buyers are turning to home renovation loans, also called 203(k) loans, which cover the purchase price of a fixer-upper with additional funds to pay for necessary renovations.
Regardless of how a homeowner is able to finance their renovations, that their home values have risen on their own, and coupled with major upgrades from your construction company, homes have appreciated at a rapid rate, even during the COVID-19 crisis.
Dumpster Rentals for Contractors and Construction Companies
With an increase in your leads and booked renovation jobs, you, your crew, and your subcontractors are probably working harder than ever this year. That’s truly excellent news for your company and your paycheck! And although you’re putting in the hours and effort, we hope you’re working smarter, too.
Renting a dumpster from us at Small Haul Containers in Stilwell, Kansas, is just one way you can work smarter.
- We deliver and pick up from your job site. You tell us when you need one of our shiny blue containers, and we’ll drop it off where you’re working, while protecting the concrete underneath it with a special underlayment.
- You’ll never forget to call for a dumpster pick-up ever again. Once your dumpster is full and your rental period is over, we’ll come pick up the dumpster you rented, without your prompting.
- Our prices are competitive, and we offer contractor dumpster rentals in a wide range of sizes, so you can choose the right one for your project. All-inclusive dumpster rentals start at just $250 per week.
- You can reserve our dumpsters online at your convenience, so you never have to wait for our office to open to mark the task off your to-do list.
- We can accept most refuse in our dumpsters, with a few exceptions. You can dispose of all your construction debris and demolition waste in one go, without having to separate out certain building materials or haul it away yourself. Sending your crew on a dump run is a thing of the past.
- Our dumpsters fit anywhere, because none of them take up more than a single parking space’s footprint. Even when space is tight, Small Haul Containers makes it work.
How to Rent a Dumpster in Overland Park
Small Haul Containers is a family-owned business, so we know the importance of making a good impression on your clients; they’re ours, too! We will work to ensure your dumpster delivery and pick-up goes smoothly and without a hitch. For home renovation projects in cities like Olathe, Lenexa, Shawnee, Spring Hill, Lee’s Summit, Raymore, Louisburg, and nearby areas, it’s wise to rent a dumpster from Small Haul.
Locally owned and operated, Small Haul Containers provides multipurpose dumpsters to contractors, who can rent a container in three easy steps.
- Check our availability and upfront pricing online instantly, on our website.
- Complete your reservation on our website (or you can call us on the phone).
- We’ll deliver your container, so you can fill it up. Then, we’ll haul it away.
Why Contractors Choose Our Dumpsters
Aside from our easy-to-rent process and upfront pricing, contractors love renting dumpsters from us because of our flexibility with your rental time, potential for same-day delivery, and driveway protectors at no extra cost to you or the homeowner.
See what Small Haul is all about for your next project. Our friendly team is standing by to answer any of your questions and help you book a construction dumpster without all the headaches you’ve experienced from previous service providers. Call or text us at 913-318-5443, or order online to reserve your dumpster today.