Residential Dumpster Rental in Kansas City
Cleaning and organizing your home is a monumental task. Whether you’re caught in a frenzy of delayed spring cleaning or your goal is to have the whole house cleaned and organized by Independence Day, it will take a substantial amount of time. It may also require boxes, bags, and baskets — maybe even a dumpster — to organize what you want and get rid of everything you don’t.
There are ways to make this process a little easier. One is to rent a dumpster for the project. Small Haul Containers specializes in residential dumpster rentals for this purpose. Our dumpster rentals are perfect for Kansas City homeowners with a lot of stuff to get rid of in a short period of time. Our dumpsters come in several sizes, making it a cinch to reserve one that’s just the right size for your cleaning and organizing spree!
The Benefits of an Organized Space
Living in chaos takes a toll on family members, whether they know it or not. There are many benefits to keeping a space neat and orderly. Here are just a few to help motivate you.
Saves Money. Have you ever purchased something you need only to get home and discover that you already had it? Storing items in specific places and returning them after every use helps keep you from repurchasing items you already own. When you need it, you know where it is. That may save a considerable amount of money.
Reduces Stress. There’s nothing worse than dashing around the house, picking up clothes and clearing away clutter when you find out someone is coming to visit. And what if someone shows up unannounced? Having a house that’s always tidy allows you to graciously receive guests, whether they’ve planned their trip in advance or decided to drop in randomly.
Promotes Calm. Living in an uncluttered environment produces the same effect as taking a breath of fresh mountain air. It’s relaxing, rejuvenating, and invigorating. Your home should be all these things, too, but often isn’t because of all the clutter. A clean, organized home promotes calmness and well-being. Who doesn’t need more of that?
Let Small Haul Containers Help You Get Started
We know it’s hard to start on a project like this. That’s why we’ve put together a few organization tips for homeowners who are bent on bringing order to their abode this summer. Use these tips to get every room sparkling clean with everything in its place — and plenty of time left over for activities such as neighborhood get-togethers and backyard barbecues.
- Don’t do everything at once. Cleaning and organizing a whole home is a significant project. Don’t try to do everything at once. Set a timer and pick one task. See how far you get in an hour. You may feel so good about what you’ve accomplished that you’ll go for another hour. When you get tired, take a break. You’ve earned it.
- Pick one room to start. You can’t be in multiple places at the same time, so pick one room to begin with. Maybe you decide to clean and organize the master bedroom. Put clothing away in drawers and closets. Throw dirty clothes in the laundry basket. Store jewelry where it belongs and pick up anything that looks out of place. Put whatever you don’t want in a box to get rid of. Then when you leave the room, take the box with you. Dispose of everything in a dumpster or take it to a thrift store for reuse.
- Stick to one room at a time. As you get rolling, it may be tempting to move on to the next room. Don’t do it! Stick with one room until it’s spic and span. This will keep you from overwhelming yourself and losing steam later on.
- Invest in additional storage containers. If you discover items that have no permanent home, you may need to invest in more storage containers. Many storage bins are designed to fit under beds and in corners where they’re kept out of sight. These are a perfect solution for items that are still needed but used infrequently. Even though the containers aren’t visible, you’ll save time when looking for a particular item if everything is organized and in its place.
- Do the laundry. It’s surprising how much laundry a family can generate in a week. Between sports events, cheerleading, and daily workouts at the gym, it quickly piles up. Do a load or two every other day to keep up with it. It’s easy to toss a load in the washer as you declutter the living room. You’ll be accomplishing two things at once!
- Dust and vacuum. Once you’ve cleaned the clutter and organized all the rooms in the house, it’s a fairly simple matter to dust surfaces and run the vacuum. One of the reasons many people put these tasks off is because they have to work around the clutter. Once you’ve resolved that issue — and resolved to maintain your organized and decluttered space — the rest is easy!
Call Small Haul Containers for Dumpster Rentals in Kansas City
If you’re ready to clean out and organize in a big way, a residential dumpster rental from Small Haul Containers may be just what you need. We make renting a dumpster quick and easy with our online reservation system that provides upfront pricing and real-time scheduling. Check our inventory and make your reservation online for the week of your project. When the day arrives, we’ll bring the dumpster out and set it up in your driveway. Once it’s full — or at the end of the rental period, typically seven days — we’ll come back and pick it up. It’s that easy!
If you still have questions about how to rent a dumpster, visit our website for more information. We’ll help you get your space cleaned up and organized in no time!