Renting a Dumpster Makes it Easy to Clean Up After Your Improvements
Despite an uptick in home renovation projects this spring and summer, homeowners are on trend to continue their remodeling well into fall and winter as they build the oasis they’ve always wanted.
Now that summer is over, many homeowners are uncertain of which projects they’ll be able to get to before snow’s on the ground in South Kansas City, Belton, and Grandview, Missouri; or Lenexa, Prairie Village, and Stilwell, Kansas. Don’t fret about timelines; late fall is still the perfect time to get some of those outdoor projects out of the way before spring, and a dumpster from Small Haul Containers can help you do it.
Temperatures are More Comfortable for Outdoor Home Improvements
Anyone who has ever done any DIY home improvement projects outdoors in the dog days of summer knows just how miserable it can be. Redoing landscaping, upgrading your deck or patio, or even installing a new fence in 90 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit is a recipe for heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
When autumn arrives, temperatures drop into much more comfortable zones, meaning weekend warriors like you can work all day to complete outdoor projects with barely any sweat, including carrying your construction or demolition debris into a residential dumpster rental parked in your driveway. It also helps that with cooler weather comes fewer insects, like mosquitoes and sweat bees, to harass you while you try to beautify your yard or home exterior.
The Busy Schedules of Summer are Over
Although summer 2020 was different from years past, most parents of children found their summer schedules to be just as busy with league sports like softball, baseball, or even summer soccer. And because children had already been home for several months before summer technically started, parents had to get creative to keep them entertained or get them out of the house.
Now that every single weekend isn’t devoted to a kids’ activity (although those extracurricular sports are still happening), you have more time to plan your project, purchase your supplies, and get it done before heading back to work on Monday. And with a weeklong dumpster rental from Small Haul Containers, you have plenty of time to finish your clean-up or clean-out during the weekday when your shift is over.
You’re About to Be Spending More Time Indoors
In chilly Missouri and Kansas winters, we’re sure that you find few reasons to spend much time outdoors. Brisk winds blowing across the prairie, the threat of sleet and snow in the gray skies, and temperatures below freezing are not ideal conditions for completing home projects. Instead, during the winter, you should be ready to enjoy your space as you hunker down!
Imagine having brand-new floors, an upgraded kitchen, a fully-remodeled bathroom, or a perfectly clean basement your kids can play in! You can achieve all of that before winter sets in, so you can feel more comfortable in your home, or so you have more room to spread out a little bit without clutter getting in the way.
Your Project Will Be Complete Before Winter Holidays
Aside from autumn being a more gentle season on the body while doing hard labor to keep your home looking great, autumn occurs just before a very important time of year: winter holidays. Most major religions celebrate an important holiday in December – some extending into January – and you’ll want your renovation or clean-out completed before then so you can enjoy decorating your space for the season or hosting a few family members, too.
The holiday season is meant to be restful and observant, not full of work! When you complete your projects prior to Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, you can graciously host your guests and provide them with a more-than-hospitable place to stay.
Rent a Dumpster and Tackle These Projects This Fall
Need a few ideas on how you can make your home more inviting and comfortable? Here are some that you can complete in as little as a week. After you’re done, Small Haul Containers will pick up your dumpster full of construction debris or unwanted items from your basement or garage storage areas.
- Re-do your deck. Don’t wait until spring to fix up your deck. The last thing you want is for an already-decaying deck to become in danger of collapsing come spring. Take the opportunity to get it in tip-top shape before winter hits. Discard rotting deck boards in a south Kansas City rental dumpster.
- Rip out old carpet and install solid-surface flooring. Tracking ice melt, mud, and snow through the house leaves your carpet looking absolutely disgusting. Rip it out this fall and install solid-surface floors that are easy to clean, like luxury vinyl plank or laminate. You’ll fill up an entire dumpster on carpet and carpet pad alone!
- Install new gutters and check over your roof and siding for areas that need replacing. Completing this job before winter means your siding will make it through another freezing season, and your gutters will be ready for spring showers and melting snow.
- You’ve heard of spring cleaning, but why not partake in a little fall cleaning? Deep-clean your home and declutter each room. Donate what you can, but discard anything broken, old, or unwanted in a 10-cubic-yard dumpster from Small Haul Containers.
- Do mini upgrades throughout your house. An easy way to refresh the look of your home without spending tens of thousands of dollars is to change out some of the little things you might take for granted. Doing so can renew your house considerably. Replace dated light fixtures, outlet and switch covers, floor vent covers, door knobs, curtain rods, and cabinet hardware. The truly adventurous can swap out kitchen cabinet doors for ones with more on-trend styles. Finish up with a coat of fresh paint. Dispose of all your old items in a small dumpster for rent from Small Haul Containers, based in Stilwell, Kansas.